Student Council 2014-15
Executive Committee PR Group
A Student Council is a representative structure for students only, through which they can become involved in the affairs of the school, working in partnership with school management, staff and parents for the benefit of the school and its students.
Student council have met with the Board of Management and the school trustees, Red and Green Day in September, Fundraising. All in a days work!
There are twenty students on our council, one representing every class in our school.
We elect an executive committee consisting of a chairperson, deputy chairperson, treasurer and a secretary.
Meetings are held on a weekly basis and our overall aim is to improve student life in St. Louis.
Over the past few years we have achieved the following:
- Seating in the circulation area for our students.
- We have upgraded all the student toilets throughout the school.
- We convinced Mayo Co. Co. to invest €24000 in a pedestrian crossing for our school in 2011.
- We also introduced study on Saturdays for Leaving Cert Students.
- We persuaded our principal to provide free breakfast every morning for any student who would like to avail of it.
- We have focused on Mental Health Awareness within the school community, and as a result we have made a Quiet room available to all students at break and lunch times.
- We made toilets available in the canteen for students.
Not only have we looked after our own interests here in St. Louis but we have also reached out to the wider community and have raised over €7,000.00 for local charities over the past three years.